Sunday, November 15, 2009

My Birthday is officially over

My MOPS group had a zoo trip on Sunday, so we decided to take Jammy with us.

Libi was in fine form today, playing with the big kids and carrying the map around.

We did manage to get a picture of all three of us,

before Libs squirmed away.

We are always so happy when Jammy is in town!!

We did manage to see lots of animals on this beautiful morning.

The meerkats were very active, but Libs needed some help to see them.

They're doing a lot of construction in the zoo-- we can't wait to see what they build.

Libi insisted in the komodo dragon exhibit that she get a photo with Jammy.

I caught this cool shot on our way into the gorilla exhibit.

It was a very fun morning!

After nap we went to Nana and Pop's for my birthday dinner-- the final celebration of the year (I hope!!)Nana had markers set out for Libi to use, which made me very nervous. Libi is more of a crayon or colored pencil girl due to her mothers fear of of messy markers.Nana thought it was hilarious that I was watching her like a hawk. She did very well with it, but that doesn't mean that she'll be using markers at home any time soon.Libi requested that I use Playdoh to make something and Nana suggested a snowman-- here is my attempt at this challenge.To fill time before dinner, Libi asked for a story. It began very calm and normal....then everyone got a case of the sillies!Nana put Libi to work setting the table.She had the very important task of putting napkins under forks. She did a wonderful job and enjoyed the responsibility!After dinner it was time for presents.
Libi was a great helper unwrapping all my gifts...she even modeled the new holiday outfit for my American Girl doll. Yes, I have an American Girl doll-- I can tell you that story later!I think that Libs was upset that I didn't get more toys for my birthday, but she was still a good sport!Finally it was time for ice cream and cake and cake! Thanks to everyone for making my 32nd Birthday so special!!!

No comments: