Thursday, October 29, 2009

Friends are like pumpkins...

be sure you pick the right ones!!!

I have been blessed to have some truly wonderful friends. I have been in a total funk lately with lots of things crashing down around me, but my friends have buoyed me. I have received so many phone calls, e-mails and notes from gals just to make me smile. I hope that as Libi grows up she "picks" the right friends too!

I also picked the right man-- and boy did he score points today!! I have been really craving a Razzmatazz from Jamba Juice. I mentioned it in passing yesterday that I thought I would stop and grab one on my way to my meeting this morning.

I walked into the store and noticed one of my former students from my very first long-term sub assignment was working there-- it was nice to see him. I went to the cashier and placed my order-- the girl cocked her head, looked at me through squinty eyes, and said, "What's your name?" I told her who I was and she walked away from the register to the mixing machine and she said, "You're paid for!"

Super confused, I stared at her until she handed me a note written on register tape. It said, "Hey Honey! Have a great Communications Team meeting today! Love, Me." I was so touched that he took time out of his busy day to make mine a little better. I think I'll keep him!

Speaking of friends.... Libi has been quite chummy with Madison lately.

I got to see them interact a bit today while I was waiting to chat with Miss Carole. Madison noticed that I had my camera, so she tried to get Libi to pose-- it was so sweet!

Then they were off to play the preschool version of basketball.

When I went for pickup I saw this darling bulletin board in Libi's new classroom. Not sure which ghost belongs to my monkey, but they are all so cute.

It was kinda windy this afternoon so the kids weren't outside. When I went into the room I found Libi sitting with Madison and Ben and they were all reading. None of them noticed me, so I had fun just drinking it all in. I have to admit, I am so happy that Libs gets along with Amy and Wendy's kids-- it's so nice to really know some of the parents of her friends.

One of the really fun traditions at SCLP is that the scarecrow brings a pumpkin to the school for each child.

Today Libi got to pick hers out... it was quite a choice!

Here is the newest addition to our pumpkin display!
My "boo-tiful" little girl crashed not too long after I grabbed her from school.
Our normal routine after preschool is a little playtime and then upstairs for nap. Today Libs just wanted to sit with me on the sofa. I have been working like a fiend on the photo directory and when I stood up to grab some pages from the printer I came back to a sleeping boo-ty. I didn't have the heart to disturb her by carrying her upstairs, so she took her whole 2 and 1/2 hour nap on the sofa.
Ron and I just celebrated the 18th anniversary of our first date on Monday. We went to the Homecoming Dance at Canyon High School on October 26, 1991. Sadly, I was swamped with MOPS stuff on Monday so we postponed our celebration until today.

I finally took Ron to Karma! It was funny to have a restaurant/cuisine that I was more familiar with than Ron. We had a very nice dinner with lots of good conversation! I'm so glad that we still have so much fun together when we go out!

No comments: