Monday, August 31, 2009

Tiny dancer...

Libi was so thrilled to start her dance class today!
She was ready in her ballet shoes, tights and leotards.
We got there very early to check in and get to know her teacher Miss Cheryl-Ann.Mommy had to sit outside and watch through a window...and on a video screen.The girls were so cute...

twirling and following directions.They read a story about ballerinas.... Libi was far more interested in continuing the stretches that they did in the beginning.They got to dance with "magicals"-- Libi was quite an expert at these.Just like in music class, Libi was drawn to watching herself in the mirror.At one point the teacher lined all of the kids up for a conga-line type dance. All of the Moms in the lobby were amazed at how Miss Cheryl-Ann was able to corral all of the 2 and 3 year olds.You may notice some glare on these photos, I was forced to take pictures through a window, on a TV screen, and in the mirror. I don't think I did too bad for all of the obstacles.Libi was the line leader until Addie got out of line, then she was #2.Libi sang and chatted her way through the class.They did lots of leg lifts...and twirls, so Libs was in her element!

Then it was time to put on the tap shoes. This was the first time Libi has heard them on hardwood floor.I think the teacher was smart to save tap until the end of the class-- the girls were quite noisy!Our little dancer was on cloud 9 the entire 45 minutes.Thanks Miss Cheryl-Ann for a great class... See you again in 2 weeks!

After a brief stop to see Daddy and MeMe we grabbed lunch. Per Libi's requests she had "apple dippers"-- this cracks me up because she just has apples with out the caramel dip. When I put her up for a nap I hear her chatting away with her dolls... suddenly I heard her playing with her monitor. Next thing I know I hear her saying loud and clear, "Mommy I need a Binky!" Last week she watched her father use the monitor as a telecom to tell Mommy that there were no more diapers upstairs. She is a quick study and she used it to contact me twice today before I made it upstairs to give her a Bink!

No comments: