Sunday, March 7, 2010

The not-so-long drive home..

Ron and I woke up to surprise Libs-- since she didn't know we got in last night (or actually early this morning!) She couldn't stop smiling-- she was thrilled!!!

Happily after a brief family reunion Ron and I went back to sleep for a few hours to prepare for the drive home.

Around noon we loaded into the car to head south...

but not before some photos! Thanks Jammy and Granpa for taking such good care of Libi this past week!

One final goodbye...

and a quick "in the car" picture and we were off!

The trees were blooming everywhere-- so pretty, but a huge challenge to photo as you are whizzing past them going over 65 mph!


You could tell Libs was happy to see us as she asked Daddy to hold her hand during the first part of the drive.

Ron is cracking up in this photo because Libi is instructing me to "Take more pictures!" Which is usually not a problem that I have :) She wanted one of Daddy,

then Mommy,

then herself,

Tobee, and

Ariel of course!!!

We traditionally stop for lunch at the Sonic drive in about 30 minutes away from Mom and Dad's house, to fill the time I did My Little Ponies hair and Libi took it out!

Libs tore into her huge grilled cheese sandwich while Tobee looked on hoping she wouldn't be able to finish it...

Happily for Tobee she fell asleep before it was gone! My poor, tired girl!

Once Libs woke up she was in rare form-- chatting and singing away, playing with all her toys, and apparently, decorating Tobee. We all go into the spirit of New Orleans :)

Before we ascended the grapevine we saw this amazing sight!

I don't really know what else to say except that the world is an amazing place!

The drive was long.... but we found ways to entertain ourselves!!

When we got home it was time to princess it up!!!


Libs has been quite clingy with me-- I think it is due to the fact that we normally spend our days together and I've been away!

Libi was so excited to see all of the things we brought back for her...

we had a bag full of boas, masks, stuffed toys,

and of course necklaces!

Lots and lots of necklaces!!!

While I didn't make my goal of getting beads in every color of the rainbow Libi still has plenty of new necklaces to accentuate her dress up clothes.

Libi used her swag to decorate Daddy. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's a good sport!

No comments: