Monday, December 7, 2009

A sweet day!

We began our day watching Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas. This is one of the sweetest holiday movies ever AND we know the composer of the music for this film. A special shout-out to Eric Schmidt (husband to the sweet Diana) who composed the soundtrack.

Libi has been wearing her beanies a lot lately-- very cute!

Since I was going to make a gingerbread house with some girlfriends tonight I bought a kit at Target so Libs and I could make one this afternoon.

She was a great helper for the construction of the building.

Mommy did the frosting work, but Libi was in charge of the candy!

She was quite meticulous in her work-- carefully deciding where every item will be placed.

It was quite an adorable house when it was all finished!

In the evening I went to Clarice's Candy Shop to make a house of my own with my MOPS girls.

I decided to make a princess-themed house as opposed to a traditional Christmas one-- which was hard to do with mostly green and red candy.

I left lots of room for some special decorations that I would put on later.

Since I thought we were out of Necco wafers, I needed to come up with an idea for the other side of my roof. I decided to put the year and Libi's name really big on it-- she loved this addition!!

Bonnie and Daubbin came with me, which made it extra special!! Thanks girls for a fun night-- can't wait to do it again next year!

I'll be back later to show you the real final picture!

No comments: