Thursday, March 31, 2011

A sad day for the SCV

Today Canyon Country mourned the loss of one of our own--

PFC Rudy Acosta was killed in action a week ago and today he was buried at Eternal Valley.

They drove him all through Santa Clarita to give residents a chance to show his family how proud we were of his sacrifice.

I wasn't sure if I would be able to make it due to having to pick up Libi, but after reflecting on it I thought... if it was my child I would hope others would come out. I was a tad late to grab Libi but it was such a special moment that I am glad I went.

We are all getting ready for our respective trips so we each did our nails.

These little nails are hard to do without making a terrible mess, but I'll get the hang of it!

Dinner was fast and casual....

and shared with Grammy and Aunt Andrea so it was extra fun!!! A nice happy ending to an otherwise melancholy day.

No comments: