Monday, January 3, 2011

Walt Disney World - Day 4

Today we were at Disney's Hollywood Studios, and again I'm blogging with just an iPhone, so here are my Five Photos for the day:

The weather in Central Florida almost always involves clouds of some sort, and today was no different. I have told my wife that I love her dearly, but that I will never again return to Florida in the summer. It's just way too hot and muggy. January I can do, though.

My daughter is a HUGE Star Wars fan, and it swells my heart with pride. We tried to catch as much Star Wars related stuff as we could today, including this photo of Libi getting on an Endor Speeder Bike. Later, Libi enrolled to become a Paduwan learner at the Jedi Training Academy.

We got to see lots of Pixar characters today. Libi got to meet Buzz and Woody, the Incredibles, and Mike and Sully from Monsters Inc.

Part of being at a theme park is simply waiting. We so often photograph the "doing"--meeting characters, riding rides, watching shows--that we sometimes miss the moments in between. Here is Libi just waiting, very patiently I must say for a girl about to turn 4-years-old in two weeks.

I had to finish today's Five Photos with another Star Wars pic. Libi was so happy to have participated in the Jedi Training Academy today that she wanted to go back to get her photo taken with the Stormtroopers and Darth Vader. She had just as much joy meeting Star Wars characters today as she did meeting princesses yesterday. Once we finished meeting with Darth Vader, I told Libi, "We know that Darth Vader turns out to be a good guy in the end." My almost-four-year-old daughter replies, "Yeah, when he threw the Emperor down the hole, right daddy?"

That's my girl!

Ron Ippolito • rippolito@gmail.com

No comments: