Sunday, January 9, 2011

WDW Recap Day 5-- AKA the day Mommy lost it!

Magic Kingdom and EPCOT January 5th

This morning we got to the Magic Kingdom in time to watch the opening ceremonies.

It was another gorgeous day!

The mayor welcomed us...

the train came in...

with some characters on it!

It was a great way to kick off the day!

We headed back to Fantasyland where we found Pinocchio. We did nearly all the Fantasyland rides before we headed to Toontown Fair to stand in line for the fairies.

Libs was thrilled to say "Hi" to Tinkerbell,

Fawn, AND

Vidia!!!! We were all so happy to finally meet her!

A quick train ride...

and a cute picture, and we were off to Adventureland. We saw the Tiki Room and rode the much anticipated....

Magic carpets! Libi had been asking to ride these since she first saw them in a WDW book. It was fun for all of us!

On our way to the boats we got to meet the Mayor of the Magic Kingdom-- how do I get elected to that office???

Granpa had to leave us for the afternoon to be on some conference calls.

After a boat and a monorail ride...

we left the Magic Kingdom...

and headed to EPCOT!

Our first order of business was to go on the Figment ride.

Libi was happy to bring Figment home...

and Mommy was happy to share her favorite ride with Libi!

We are so excited!!!!!

That's my guy!!!

After some playing in Figment's play area...

we went to Captain EO.

Figment enjoyed our brief visit to his pavilion!

After a quick ice cream snack...

we were on the move again!!!

We headed back to the hotel for a quick nap before our evening activities.

This is where all of Mommy's WDW expertise did not serve her well!!! In trying to get to the Luau at the Polynesian resort I decided it would be best to take a boat from our resort to Downtown Disney and then take a bus to the Polynesian.

Things went spectacularly slow and we were VERY late to the luau! Despite leaving over an hour before we needed to check in, we missed the first 5 minutes of the show.

While Ron got everyone in and seated I had a meltdown in the lobby. There wasn't anyone there so I just sat down and cried. It wasn't my finest moment, but I was trying so hard to have everything perfect for Libi's first visit. Not only did we miss some of the show and the family photos they take prior to entry but they gave away our center table and stuck us all the way to the side of the stage where we could hardly see. The manager saw me melt and came over to see what he could do. After some chatting I felt better and he told me he was going to try to make it better. He refunded part of our money, comped all of our alcohol, and arranged for a fun experience for us at EPCOT (more on that later!)

The rest of the family had a grand time at the Luau. However, since the weather was bad (we had a few rainstorms during the show) they didn't ask anyone up on stage with them. Libi did learn to hula, which helped make my frown turn upside down!

Despite our bad seat, Ron got some cool shots of the show!

Love the fire twirler!

At the end of the show my manager friend came over and offered to take a family photo with our camera.

We also took a few family shots of our own!


No comments: