Friday, October 1, 2010

Beauty and the Beast

Tonight we took Ron and his students to see the Beauty and the Beast Sing-a-long at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood.

Libi got a new Belle dress for the occasion. It isn't quite the costume she has been asking for, but she will get more wear out of it.

We got down to Hollywood really early since there was also a Bowl concert tonight. To fill our time we walked down to Madame Taussaud's.

We were surprised that they had several figures outside to pose with. You might wonder why Libi was excited to have a photo taken with Samuel L. Jackson-- but he was in Star Wars Episodes 1, 2, and 3. Enough said!

We were leaving when she insisted on taking her picture with Marilyn Monroe-- she has no clue who this is, but it was there and so we must have a picture!

Once in the theater Libs and Daddy mixed and mingled with all of his students.

Hailey and Libi both looked like Belle's of the ball in their special outfits.

Belle was the special guest before the film-- much to our surprise!

Afterward the two girls did some posing for us-- in the lobby...

outside,

and all around!

After an impromptu dance session outside of the theater,

and a visit with Mickey,

it was time to part ways.

One kiss to Mickey...

then we were off to dessert at the Soda Fountain.

Libi opted for the Beauty and the Beast sundae.

She greatly enjoyed the entire thing...

Thanks Dad for a fun night!

Date: October 1, 2010

Outside my window: The weather is warm

I am wearing: A yellow shirt to match Libi’s yellow Belle dress

I am going: To the Beauty and the Beast Sing-a-long at the El Capitan

I am hoping: To get back on my fitness routine

I am creating: Hopefully some scrapbook LO’s soon. I’ve been pulling/printing lots of photos

I am hearing: Libi waking up in the baby monitor. She starts talking the second she stops sleeping.

I am watching: Lots of Top Chef J

I am loving: All of Libi’s imaginative play. She can use anything to make up a story.

On my mind: Whether or not I should teach music part time.

Pondering these words: Working on my Experiencing God class and all the things I can do to be a better Christian.

From the kitchen: Not much right now—there are ants in the kitchen again.

Around the house: Getting things cleaned and organized

One of my favorite things: The excitement that Libi gets in the simple things

No comments: