Saturday, April 21, 2007

I'm behind...

Sorry I'm a bit behind in my writing.

Thursday was a very busy day! We slept in a bit due to our late night celebration that Sanjaya was voted off American Idol. Libs and I got up, threw on clothes and went to Mint Canyon. We had to visit Dolly who was Principal for the day.

We surprised my students and introduced Libi to them. It was really funny--- Aunt Betsy (the principal), Dolly and Joan (the two parent principals for the day) stood in front of me so we could do a big reveal when the kids came in. Lynette was very hospitable and she told me I could take as long as I wanted, but I kept it brief.

The kids were very sweet and asked a lot of questions. You forget that fifth and sixth graders don't know much about babies, but once they ask you questions like "Is she walking?" you remember. They all though Miss Libs was darling.

I also turned in my paperwork for a leave of absence for the 07-08 school year. It was a tough decision because I love what I do, but I love my daughter more! It was tough to tell my friends that I won't be on campus with them next year, but I'll never get this time back with Libi if I worked.

Then Libs and I ran some errands-- we picked up sweatshirts for Daddy, picked up pictures at Walmart, and delivered the shirts to Rio Norte. While we were at Daddy's school he showed off Libi to his history students. It was funny for Mommy to watch him teach with Libi drooling on his arm. The class was discussing gun control after the Virginia Tech incident and Miss Libs was chatting along. She already has very strong opinions about everything, if only we could understand what she was trying to say.

Thursday night Jammy watched Libi while we went to Daddy's teacher tribute dinner. It was really nice to see folks from Daddy and Mommy's district and to get to show off pictures of our pretty girl. Everyone was oohing and aahing over our little girl.

Daddy had some really nice things said about him at the awards ceremony. He also got a nice award and some other gifts in his swag bag. As an additional surprise, three of his students stopped by at the end of the awards ceremony. He has some really special kids in 8th grade this year and we will both miss them when they're gone. Kali, Stephen and John all came to wish Daddy congratulations.

Friday was a very cold and wet day, so Libi and I stayed inside in our pajamas all day long. Jammy went to court, but still doesn't know if she'll be on the jury. She will be back in town Monday for court on Tuesday-- then we'll see if she'll be on the 6 week jury.

Daddy came home pretty early to spend some time with Lib and take a nap. Grandma and Grandpa Ippolito came over for some Libi time in the evening before dinner. Grandpa hasn't been over for a while, so he noticed a lot of change in Miss Libs. She is filling out and becoming more alert every day.

We turned in early last night because we all needed it! It was a good night, with Miss Libs only waking up once for a diaper change.

This morning we are taking it easy. Libi and Daddy are watching Little Einsteins while I catch up on my blogging. We are thinking of running down to Pasadena to grab some stuff for me to organize my scrapbooking room, but it will be a fast trip.

We had a really nice time in Pasadena. We walked Colorado Blvd., went to the Container Store, and visited their Earth Day festivities. Lunch was at Wokano-- a little Chinese restaurant with a waitress who thought Libi was cute.

Once we were home Mommy gave Daddy and Libi some one on one time while I started on my scrapbook room. After dinner, we gave Libi a bath. She is getting too big for the sling in her bathtub so we tried something different. We put a big sponge in the bottom of her tub, allowing her to sit up in her bath. She seemed to really enjoy it! We are now preparing for dessert and dinner.

No comments: