Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday Dance Party...

It's a good thing that Libi had a good night last night, because I didn't. I couldn't fall asleep until after 11:30 then I woke up at 1 a.m. and was sick for over an hour. I was up most of the night while Libs and Daddy snored.

Libs woke up at about 9 a.m. this morning and entertained herself by talking to her bears until 9:30 which let me lay and relax a little longer. We are now eating breakfast-- Libi is chasing her breakfast by eating her fist. I am a little sad-- it has been a week since Libs last breastfed. She just lost interest in it, but I'm glad that she did it for over 3 months.

Last night before we went to bed Libs had a big night... She held her rattle alone for the first time. She used both hands and only needed some help in getting her initial grip on it. Then she kicked and shook it and even tried to bang it on her wooden changing table to hear the different sound. It was so fun for Daddy and I to watch this new behavior.

Earlier this week Libi began talking with her tongue sticking out. She makes the funniest noises with her tongue on the roof of her mouth or sticking out, but she loves it! It is fascinating for Daddy and I to see her language development from grunts to vowel sounds to experimenting with her palate.

Libi and I spent most of the day playing. She is really kicking her legs and talking up a storm. I got some cute pictures of her doing tummy time and talking to herself in the mirror-- they are on Picasa.

Tonight we went to Mint Canyon for a quick family portrait at 5 p.m. It was fun to have Daddy and Mommy wiggle around on the floor while the photo folks posed us. We all wore denim to match Libi's overalls. Hopefully the pictures will come out cute-- we'll let you know.

Libi and I then spent the rest of the evening at the Spring Fling family dance. Unfortunately, I was the only staff member who showed up so I was in charge. It was a long night of supervising the two kids from Rio Norte who DJ'd (they did a wonderful job), making sure the kids didn't escape from the MPR, and watching my daughter. Libi was wonderful at the dance-- she didn't cry, she was passed around to Mommy's friends, and she never needed a changing.

We got home a little before 9 p.m. and Aunt Andrea came over to spend some time with Libi. Unfortunately, Miss Libs was very tired and cranky so she cried during much of her aunt's visit. She finally settled down and gave her aunt some smiles before she left so it all ended OK.

Libi is now sleeping in her Boppy while I'm blogging and watching Huxtapalooza. It is my first night completely alone with Libi-- Daddy is at his retreat with his kids. Tobee, Libs and I will be going to bed soon-- we are all tired.

No comments: