Monday, November 1, 2010

A packing and sorting day...

Today was a super crazy day at our house...

but on top of the priority list for the day after Halloween was sorting all of the candy Libi amassed last night!

When all was said and done we had lots of sugary candy, some chocolate, and a few pencils/stickers/non-edible things.

Libi did a great job of entertaining herself today as I was packing for our trip to Pennsylvania tomorrow.

For those of you who don't know, my dear Uncle Bill passed away very suddenly last week.

He was only a few years older than my Mom so they were very close!!!

Our whole family is stunned that we lost him so soon after my Grandmom.

He was a remarkable man, who studied computers in college and could make them do anything he wanted them to do.

When I was little I called him Uncle Billy Tickles because of his beard.

He came to the West Coast just once, but we made the most of it! We drove from Van Nuys up the coast, through Oregon, and up to Canada for Expo 86.

He was a big guy, with an even bigger heart.

His long-time girlfriend Lori, whom I've called Aunt Lori since I can remember, is now stuck with all of us :)

His size was a bit intimidating to Libi, but she soon warmed up to him.

Tomorrow Mom, Dad, Libi and I will get on a plane to say goodbye to him.

I'm so sad that Libi won't get to spend more time with this remarkable man...

and am dreading another Harrigan family photo where another person is missing.

God bless you Uncle Bill!

You will be missed :)

No comments: