Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Night Spaghetti Supper

For J share today Libi took Jasmine and jelly beans to give to her friends.

Tonight we hosted our first Friday night spaghetti dinner. Here is the back story:

Years ago when I was in MOPS one of the Mentor Mom's said that every Friday was pasta night at her house. She said that everyone knew about it and just dropped in whenever they were around-- especially all her kids friends. I tucked that away for when we had kids-- since I wanted our home to be the cool house that everyone wanted to come to.....

This year Ron and I made a little resolution to connect more with our friends and we recalled this idea. We decided that every week was a bit much for us right now, but that once a month would be perfect! We picked the last Friday of the month as our date and decided we would give it a try.

My idea for "marketing" this event was to call a few friends and see if they were available. Before I was able to even call one friend my darling husband created a Facebook event. He invited 270 of his closest friends to our home for dinner and I freaked out!!!!

Needless to say that none of my friends were invited by me-- I just hoped that Ron got a few of them into his invitation...

All's well that ends well-- it was a lovely evening!

We had pasta with three kinds of sauces, garlic bread, salad and wine (for those of age!)

It was a great group of friends....

and we enjoyed lots of good conversation!

We saw folks we hadn't seen in a long time...

and some we hadn't seen in a few months.

Ron's party animal parents didn't miss it....

and neither did some of Ron's former students. A good time was had by all! Hopefully you can join us next month :)

No comments: