Thursday, July 30, 2009

Mommy's Night Out and Daddy's Night In

After a reasonably quiet day we all parted ways in the evening. I went out with some MOPS friends and Ron hosted a BBQ for his family at our house.
I went to Karma, an Indian restaurant in Valencia. We had a great group of MOPS gals who were supposed to come-- several canceled at the last minute, but those who came really enjoyed it!
They have a lounge upstairs which we had reserved all to ourselves. It seats about 20 so our 6 gals had plenty of room. You are only allowed to have drinks and appetizers in this room, so when our dinner was ready we had to go down to the main restaurant.I was super adventurous when I ordered-- I got lamb and I tried everything that everyone else ordered. I loved everything!!! It was super tasty and tender-- I will definitely be going back (with Ron next time!)I'm so thankful that I have such a sweet group of gals to call my friends.

Hey, Ron here, as a guest blogger. While Heather was out having fun, Libi and I played host to my parents, Aunt Andrea, and Aunt Violet. Here, Libi feasts on some of her favorites: grapes, blueberries, and tomatoes, along with Aunt Andrea's bowtie pasta w/sundried tomatoes, and daddy's grilled chicken.
Aunt Andrea and I played DJ for the evening. My mom requested plenty of Three Dog Night and Lionel Richie, but we also made sure to include some Wiggles for Libi, too!
Libi and Grampy danced to the music!
Libi asked to swing, so Grampy, Grammy, and Aunt Violet were only too happy to oblige. What a fun evening!

No comments: