Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dancing Tuesday

Today Libs was in a dancing mood.
We turned on the music channel and watched her go!

Ron got this cute video-- I hope you will be able to see it! It is kind of long, but worth watching to see her little bum wiggle!

Mommy confession:

Today was a hard day for me. Not one of my proudest moments, but I feel like I should share it and get it off my chest.

Tonight we were all dancing and having fun. I was editing photos while I watched Ron and Libs dance so on the next song I got in on the action. Things began fine, but when I went to pick up she put her knees on my shoulder. Not exactly what I had in mind. Just as I was getting ready to reposition her she threw all of her weight back and pushed off against me. I totally lost my grip and I couldn't get it back. She went tumbling to the floor with me trying desperately to get her back. She fell on her head and wasn't very happy about it. She cried and cried and wanted Daddy to hold her-- who could blame her, Mommy drops her!

A few minutes later she was up and playing again, chatting and being busy like she always is. I, on the other hand, felt miserable-- who drops their child??? I couldn't sleep thinking about head trauma and Natasha Richardson so I went and slept with Libi. She happily snored through the entire night and as of Wednesday morning she is her old self.

I still feel horrible, but everyone makes mistakes! I'm just so glad that little people are resilient even if their parents reflexes aren't what they used to be!

No comments: