Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Chatting with Nana and Pop...

This morning we were slow to get started! Daddy had a meeting at school at 7:30 and Libs and I took the opportunity to bum around the house.Libi watched (and danced to) Bunnytown--to which she remarked, "It's my favorite!" Her favorites are very fickle-- she says it about almost anything. I think I would much rather prefer having a child who loves everything as opposed to one who says, "I don't like it" all the time.Once Daddy got home we went to visit Nana and Pop. Libi was in rare form-- I think I say this about her every week we visit them, but it's always true. Today she went right in, sat on the sofa next to Nana, leaned in very close and chatted Nana's ear off.She then got off the sofa, went over to Pop, and repeated everything she said to Nana.Nana tried to get her to sing some Wiggles songs. At first she was very shy about it, but eventually she sang "Rock-a-bye Your Bear" completely and accurately.When Libs wants something at Nana and Pop's house she always goes to Pop. We hear, "Come on Pop!" often during our visits. Today she wanted Pop to: push her on the trike, get her a wipey, put on Elmo, and take her out to see the flowers. She LOVES her Pop!!Libs also throws great tea parties at their house. Today she first brought us iced tea and then brought us apple juice. With all the running she does while delivering the tea it's a miracle that we get to "drink" any.
After some errands and nap-time Libi and I tried a new cookie recipe. We made Ina Garten's ginger snap cookies.
My assistant was very helpful, but the kitchen still took a bit of a beating!
I think she enjoyed rolling the cookies in sugar best. Grammy and Mommy had to make sure they were covered evenly, but Libs did the initial rolling.
Here is the finished product! I think next time I'll make it without the crystalized ginger-- it was too spicy for me.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

How fun! I love the way you document all the little things! Thanks for taking time to visit my blog today!!!!