Wednesday, May 13, 2009

To infinity....

and beyond!!!! Libi has been obsessed with Toy Story lately. We watch the movie often and Libs says Buzz Lightyear's phrase (especially when she wants Daddy to fly her around the room!)

Last night I went to Bunco with a group of girls from MOPS. They were short a player so I went as a sub. At the end of the night I walked home with over $50 that I won. I guess I'm a master Bunco player :)

When I got home Libs was yelling bloody murder. I went upstairs, gave her a big hug, and told her all about our big day today. I told her that she needed lots of sleep for the big day and she went right down. I am not only a fabulous Bunco player but I have tremendous Mommy skills to boot!!!

Today we were all over the place.
We began our day at the Santa Monica Farmer's Market with Mommy Adventure Club. Libi ate her way through the market. She ate strawberries, raspberries, a carrot, a tomato slice, an apricot, cherries, and a sunchoke slice. We also got lady bugs to release at home and a surprise for Nana-- which we'll give her tomorrow.We love going on trips with this group and today we were one of only two families. We love having Carrie all to ourselves!!!Our final stop was to buy some flowers. Libs loved the way these smelled-- despite the look on her face! Let's hope I can keep these alive!!!Libs wanted to go to the beach-- actually she wanted to swim. I had to keep her far, far away or she would have been very wet and sandy!For lunch we went to Patrick's Roadhouse-- a diner featured on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. Libi ordered "pupcakes" also known as pancakes and I had a yummy club sandwich! It was an interesting place-- I was served by the owner-- but I don't know if I'll go back any time soon.After a senic drive home-- I took Sunset Blvd-- and a nap it was time to wrap up Skipper Club for the year.The kids got gifts, certificates, and more patches. The kids also presented their parents with gifts they made for them-- so much stuff!!It was such a great year! Thank you so much for Libi's other teachers Miss Michele and Miss Rebecca!!!The ceremony was kinda long for a 2 year old, but when it came to the singing....

Libs and her friends were ready to go!!!!Here is the whole Skipper crew!We will miss our friends, especially Lucas and Madison, but we will see them all next year!When we got home we released our ladybugs. It was still a bit dusky-- and I was told to release them at dusk.Daddy helped Libi spread them around on our bushes...Libs thought they tickled as they crawled on her hand.We hope that our little bug friends will stick around...and protect our plants!Afterwards Libs used her flashlight to see the fruits of her labors.

I am now going to collapse before another busy day tomorrow.

No comments: