Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"Take to me!"

For the past 2 days Libi has been grabby and tantrum-y, so Mommy has been frustrated!! Her favorite phrase is, "Take to me!" which is her way of saying, "Gimme!!!" I heard it a lot today at Galco's Soda Shop-- our Mommy Adventure's Club field trip.It's a little off the beaten path, but they do tons of mail order business- if you want any kind of soda or old-fashioned candy this is the place to go!!!John is the owner and he has a true passion for soda. He is a wonderful tour guide of all the soda's he carries.Our first stop was the candy buffet...tons of hard-to-find candies including candy cigarettes and Idaho spuds which Ron and I saw on Food Network.Libi wanted something so I grabbed her the lesser of all evils-- a Tootsie Roll. She proudly carried it all over the store.Next we strolled the aisles and aisles of soda. Root beer, cream soda, rose flavored soda, wine, beer, flavored water-- anything that bubbles they had!!!While I shopped Libi and Carrie looked at all the pictures on the bottles and boxes. The real challenge was that she wanted to pick everything up-- and most of the bottles are glass.To combat this I put a very unhappy girl into the cart....and gave her a plastic bottle of lemonade. She held onto her candy and bottle with every ounce of her being-- it was funny to watch her try to do things and hold onto them!!After we checked out Libs got to eat some of her candy while we waited for everyone else to finish their transactions.She loved it, but it got a little sticky!

After the store we were supposed to have lunch an get some oogies out at a local park, but I got lost on the way there and Libi fell asleep so we came home. It was a really good thing it worked out that way because on the way home I began to feel lousy!! My sore throat from this morning gave way to chills and a fever. I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening resting and having to cancel all of our evening engagements. I'm hoping that this doesn't last long, but I'm afraid that Ron has it too!

No comments: