Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mom's Club and 8th grade stuff!

This morning we hopped into the car to head to a Mom's Club membership meeting.
Libi insisted that Jesse get buckled in too-- so like a good Mommy I obliged!When we got there Libs took Jesse on teeter-totter ride. It seemed like Libi did more of the work :)She was a teeter-totter girl today-- no swinging for her. She even tried to get on when other kids were tottering.Libs wore shorts to the park today-- and she skinned her knee up pretty good. I knew there was a reason I dress her in pants for the park!!I caught this sweet shot of Libi holding hands with one of the twins. She is trying so hard to be friends to every kid she meets-- sadly they don't always appreciate her hugs and hand-holding.

After the park we went to drop off the last of our paperwork for preschool. Libi was thrilled because she got to see Ben (who promplty gave her a big hug after introducing her as "That's my Libi!!")
We went into Ben's classroom so that Libi could be with kids while we did some organizational stuff. Again Libs sat right down and watched share time. She did get a bit distracted when some of the kids prattled on, but all-in-all she did well. When it came time for the kids to eat (and time for us to leave) she freaked out!!! Miss Carole said she could stay, but I wanted to go home. She threw a major fit all the way home-- I'm really happy that she loves school, but I hope this doesn't happen every time we have to leave!After a nice, long nap we went to Lucas' 8th grade awards night while Ron attended Rio Norte's.Libi showed off her new barrettes-- they are Tinkerbell ones. One of the Mom's Club Moms makes them and I fell in love with them (I bought 4 pairs of them!)It was a long ceremony so Libs entertained herself by dancing on the grate, trying to button her sweater, and playing with the camera. Mommy took this shot just before she made a grab for my camera!After the ceremony we got to hug Lucas and say hello to some of my former students. Thanks to the Lopez family for always including us in their family functions!

No comments: