Thursday, July 26, 2007


Sunday - Daddy left this morning for UCSB again and Libi and I headed to the zoo. We met up with Aunt Andrea and walked the entire zoo. They were doing a special promotion in conjunction with Arctic Tale so they gave certain animals snow and ice. We got to watch the brown bears play in their snow covered enclosure and eat fruit in ice chunks. It was really nice to spend the morning with Aunt Andrea. We enjoyed lunch and ice cream and then headed out of there before it got too hot.
On the way home we stopped at Nana and Pop's to see how they were. Nana hasn't been feeling well so we haven't been seeing too much of them. It was nice to spend an hour with them-- Libi showed them all of her tricks.
We came home and Mommy took a nap and read more of Harry Potter.

Monday - We picked up Grandmalito and drove down to the Nanny School in L.A. We attended the 11 a.m. Mommy and Me class that was very small. It was only Libs and an 8 week old girl who came, everyone else didn't show. Libs spent the hour playing on the floor and talking to her Grandma and Great Aunt.
After class we went to El Pollo Loco with the girls then went to see Uncle Hugo and Cousin Bridget. Bridget was so cute with Libi. She really wanted to show her everything-- her toys, her books, her DVD's. Bridget showered Libs with attention and loved giving her hugs and squeezes.
We went home for more Potter and a quiet evening at home. Libi did get to eat pears for the first time today for dinner.

Tuesday - Libi went with Mommy to get her hair cut. Cassie, Mom's trusty hair dresser, loved the little girl. She was so good during the whole appointment-- she sat on my lap while I was shampooed and sat in her chair and chatted away while I was cut and styled.
Afterwards Libs and I ran a few errands around town, but due to the heat we weren't out long. Libs slept most of the time, so I didn't feel too badly about having to make a few stops.
Grandmalito and Grampy came over in the evening for a visit. Poor Tobee accidentally launched the Boppy that Libs was napping on causing both Libi and Grandmalito to yell. Other than that unfortunate accident, the visit was nice.

Wednesday - I stayed up until 1:30 this morning to finish Harry Potter #7 and I must say I'm happy with the ending-- for the most part. Libi and I didn't go anywhere in preparation for Daddy's valiant return this afternoon. He finally got home at 5:30 and spent the evening lavishing attention on all of his girls.
Grandmalito brought dinner over and the whole family ate a nice meal of chicken and rice. We were able to get some packing and cleaning done with Libs played with her grandparents.

Thursday - Off to Stockton again, but not until Mommy weighed in at Weight Watchers. I was down 3.2 pounds today which more than makes up for last weeks gain. The drive was uneventful and quick which was nice considering we didn't leave the SCV until nearly 1 p.m.
Once we arrived in town we unloaded the car and headed to Bob's at Ron's request. We met Granpa there and had a nice dinner. After dinner Granpa showed Libi the boats and all the birds on the delta. We dropped Libs off at the house with Jammy and Granpa and we ran to Office Depot, Target and Walgreens to grab some odds and ends.
Tomorrow Daddy leaves again-- this time for Stanford and Libi and I begin our adventures in Stockton.

No comments: