Friday, July 20, 2007

I don't want to be a single mother...

Thursday - I'm still on my own while Ron is doing CADA and I have to say that doing this alone is difficult. Even when Ron was working I had an extra set of hands in the evening and on weekends and now I don't have that. I have a new found respect for single mothers and I must say, I don't want to be one!!!!
We really didn't do much today except for having a short visit from Grandmalito, Emmy, and Angie. They all went out to lunch and on their way home they stopped in to see Miss Libs. She was right in the middle of a nap when they arrived so she wasn't her normal cheery self. They did enjoy their visit, even with Miss Cranky-pants.
Libs took an hour and half nap on the floor at about 8 p.m. then she decided to be up until after midnight. This meant that I was up until after midnight-- so I was really tired.

Friday -- Due to her late bedtime, Libs didn't wake up until almost 8:30. This was great for me-- 7 hours of sleep and I took a shower and dressed before she woke up. I got Libs dressed and gave her some applesauce and then we were off for a day full of adventures....
Frist, we surprised Grandmalito on her last day of summer school. We dropped by her classroom at Hart High School and spent brunch meeting her colleagues and her students. She was genuinely surprised that we came, which was really fun!!
Then we hit the road for UCSB to see Daddy. We also surprised him-- he knew we were coming but didn't know what time. We got there early for the beach BBQ so we were able to see all of the staff during their staff meeting (Daddy enjoyed the extra time with his little girl.)
Not only did Libs meet many of the CADA staff for the first time, but she also saw the ocean and the beach for the first time today. We got some cute videos of her sticking her feet in the really cold water for the first time-- you can check them out on Picasa.
All too quickly it was time to leave and head home. Libi did great on the hour and a half drive there and back. She slept most of the time and when she wasn't sleeping she was looking out the window and talking to everything she saw.
Once we got home she had a lot of kicky time to make up for the time in the car seat. Libs is rolling all the time but she gets really frustrated when she gets stuck on her belly-- sometimes she forgets how to roll back over. So now when she's looking like a beached whale she yells "ma, ma, ma." I have convinced myself that she knows my name and she's calling to me, but I think that's a little premature. She simply babbles and cries until someone flips her over.
This evening we had a brief visit from Grandmalito to drop off something for Daddy and then Aunt Andrea came over for about a half an hour. It was perfect timing because I got to eat my dinner with two hands while Andrea entertained both Libs and Tobee. Libs was in a great mood and smiled and laughed for her aunt-- it was great for everyone!!
Libs just fell asleep-- thank God it's earlier tonight than last night-- and I'm heading off to bed. Thank goodness Ron is back tomorrow, even if it's for less than 24 hours :)

No comments: