Thursday, June 7, 2007

I'm behind once again....

This is Ron's busy time of the year, so I don't know what my excuse is-- but here is what we've been up to:

Sunday was a busy day. Grandmalito and Grandpalito came over for a brief visit while Mommy and Daddy got ready for a visit from Uncle Ed. It was really nice to see one of our Pennsylvania relatives. Libs got to know her great uncle over dinner-- it was a nice evening for all. Unfortunately, after our company left we got two pieces of bad news-- Libi's favorite swing was recalled and Tobee accidentally killed a baby opossum in the yard. Daddy was going to go to bed early, but fortunately for Mommy he stayed up long enough to take care of Tobee's little trouble.

Monday, Mommy and Libs stayed close to home. The rest of the week will be very busy, so we needed a day to just relax.

Tuesday, we went to Nana and Pop's house. We had a great lunch and visit with them Libi especially enjoyed spending time on the patio. The sound and motion of the fountain always keeps her busy. Nana and Pop are so cute with her-- it's a nice break for me in the week.

Wednesday, we went to Disneyland with Aunt Andrea and Aunt Violet to meet up with Daddy who was there with 600 8th graders. It was a nice drive down-- only taking an hour and it was so helpful to have two other sets of hands when you have to get on the tram. It was a fun day catching up with some of the Rio folks and kids and showing Libi off. We even saw one of Jammy's best friends, Dee, and her son Jon who were at the park to celebrate Dee's birthday. The whole gang of Daddy, Andrea, Violent, Gina, Mommy and Libi went on Alice in Wonderland and the little girl loved it. We also saw the Tiki Room show, and again Libs loved all of the singing and action. Mommy and Daddy also took Libi on the Monorail, which she really enjoyed. We had two nice meals with Daddy and Aunt Gina and we ended up staying a lot longer than anticipated. Libs was at Disneyland from 10:30 - 7:30 her longest trip in her short little life. We came home to Grandmalito and Tobee-- it was so nice to see both of them.

Thursday, Mommy and Libs slept in a little. We met up with Mommy's friend Dolly and drove over to Rio to pick up all of the supplies for the Mint Canyon 6th grade gift (unfortunately, the 20 boxes of stuff were blocking walkways in the office.) Mommy and Libs stayed behind for Daddy's C-1 retirement party. It was so nice to see some of Daddy's ASB kids from the past four years-- many of whom didn't know about Libi so we got to show her off. Tonight Libs slept most of the night while Daddy was at 8th grade promotion. Daddy got home around 730 and we had a nice fish dinner and relaxed for the rest of the evening. Mommy also got some sad news from Jammy-- our friend Joyce Plonk passed away on Tuesday after a long battle with cancer. We will miss her and send all of our love to her children Janice and Steven.

No comments: