Monday, May 14, 2007

A perfect Mother's Day...

Yesterday I joined a very exclusive club-- it was my first Mother's Day. It was a perfect day! We started off the morning at Nana and Pop's house for a terrific brunch. We enjoyed breakfast, gifts, and special family time! Jammy got a new camera, so she had fun taking lots of cute pictures of Libs-- you can see them on Picasa.

We came home around noon and Libs and I prepared the house for Grandma Cris' dinner while Daddy went to school to do some work. My girl was so happy all day-- it was the perfect gift.

I made a Dream Dinner for our guests-- God bless Dream Dinners. We had a really nice meal-- pork roast, garlic mashed potatoes, biscuits, green beans (yes, I ate green beans), pasta, cherries, and ice cream cake. We played games, opened gifts, and enjoyed each others company.

Today we helped out at Mint Canyon in the book fair-- Mommy used to help Jammy at St. M's all the time, so she makes a pretty good volunteer. We were there most of the day and Libi was a perfect angel. I think she really enjoyed meeting all of Mommy's friends and seeing all the kids.

When we got home, we took a nice nap until Daddy came home. This evening Libi tried her kicky keyboard. She seemed to get the connection between her kicking and the music. Tonight we are just hanging out at the house and we may watch Dreamgirls.

No comments: