Wednesday, February 14, 2007

First Valentine's

Libi is one month old today! We can't believe that it has flown so quickly in some respects, but it also seems like she's always been here.

Happy Valentine's Day! Libi's first is going well so far-- she slept pretty well last night and woke up hungry at a bit before 9 a.m. We are now getting ready to go to Nan and Pop's.

Our lunch trip went well-- the ride down was uneventful, Libi slept and I sang. Nan and Pop's house was fun. We ate chicken sandwiches and chatted away while Libi was passed from Nana to Pop. She was a bit overtired and was quite fussy for much of the time we were there. Nana and Pop love to spoil Miss Libs and I came home with quite a few Valentine's gifts for her.

Ron and I will open them later after he gets home from his Valentine's dance. Ron is quite excited because this is the last dance that he is in charge of alone-- his successor was named yesterday so he begins training Chad today. This week has been hard for Ron with all of his after school commitments, he doesn't get much evening Libi time. It has also been hard for me because I don't get much time without an adorable newborn in my arms.

When Ron got home I took a nice two hour nap. Grandma Cris came over to wish us all a Happy Valentine's Day. She brought beautiful lilies for Liliana and a rose for me, a stuffy bear for Libs and a frame, book, post-its, and magnets for Ron and I. After Grandma Cris left we opened our gifts from Nana and Pop-- Libi got a cute rubber duckie, an adorable stuffed dog named Pudding, and a dainty little onesie. Ron and I got an Ina Garten brownie mix that looks sinful and the pan to bake it in. My wonderful husband got me an amethyst necklace that is gorgeous and Libi and I gave him a "Daddy" frame.

We are now ending our Valentine's Day by watching American Idol and then off to bed!

No comments: