Monday, February 19, 2007

End of President's Day Weekend

It is 8 p.m. and we are finally home-- we hit some of the holiday traffic on the way home from Stockton. It was sad leaving my family, but Grandma will be back to see Libi on Thursday.

We had a pretty good night last night and spent the morning just hanging around the house. Libi took a bath this morning and really enjoyed it- until it was time to get out. Grandpa was disappointed that he wasn't there for her bath, he was getting his car fixed.

After a Sonic lunch (I had to have my tater tots) we packed up the car and came home. Libi did really well on the drive home, sleeping most of the way. Now we are winding down for the evening.

I have to say that I'm still amazed at how being a mother changes you. As we were driving home we were listening to a Disney CD and the song "Baby Mine" from Dumbo came on. I began singing along and looking at my daughter and I was overcome. I began to cry as I saw her sweet face. It is completely amazing to me that this little person who has not even been in our home for five weeks can mean so much to me. Ron and I spend most of our time simply looking at her in wonderment and talking about her and the things we hope for her in the future. Even when she's upset, she's amazing and I love her!

No comments: