Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A really big day!!!

Today Libi sang the entire Alphabet Song by herself for the first time. She has been singing it for a while but she's missed letters or put them in the wrong place. As we were leaving the park from our Mom's Club meeting she began to sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" in her own special way. As I re-entered the car I noticed that she was changing to "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" which then morphed to the "Alphabet song". She did the whole thing in the perfect order and in almost perfect tune. I was so totally excited that I called nearly everyone I know to tell them of my brilliant daughter's feat!



Secondly, Jammy made a perfectly lovely flamingo costume for Libs for Halloween. It is quite full of feathers that she becomes a fluff ball. The real problem is that her head is so beak-heavy that she can't see when she's in the costume. We have been putting the ensemble on her every day this week trying to get her ready for all of the Halloween festivities, but she has been pretty cranky about it.

Today at Nana and Pop's while we were trying to find a solution to the problem so walked right into an entry table because she couldn't see. I was beginning to think that the hat was a lost cause. I trimmed the beak and put a ball-cap inside to make it sit higher on her head-- I also told her that she'd only get candy if she wore the whole costume (shameless I know!)



At Trunk or Treat tonight, she wore the whole thing the entire time and loved it! Such a wonderful day!

No comments: