Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Diamond is Forever!!!

Last night Ron and I went to the Hollywood Bowl to see Neil Diamond. He still looks and sounds amazing! It was his best concert yet-- another couple who had been to many of his concerts echoed that thought as we were walking out of the bowl.

He played such an amazing mix of old and new-- over 2 hours of music. Of course he did the classics: Holly Holy, Beautiful Noise, Play Me, Love on the Rocks, I Am I Said, Forever in Blue Jeans, Solitary Man and the crowd sing-along favorite, Sweet Caroline! He also did some songs that were obscure to the non-Neil obsessed fans. Of course I was able to sing along, but many folks used this time to rest from dancing.

He did a few songs from his latest album, Home Before Dawn, and his other newest album, 12 Songs. My favorite was seeing "Hell Yeah" live. This song is what I believe he wants his eulogy to be. It talks about his life and if the choices he made were worth it, if he is happy and he responds "Hell Yeah!" I hope when I'm his age-- which is 67 for those who were wondering-- that I'll be as happy with the choices I've made!

The thing I love most about live music is the feeling you get when you and 18,000 of your closest friends all sing to the same song. It is the sense of camaraderie-- regardless of gender, race, religion, politics-- that makes me want to sing even louder than I was before. Love, love, love my Neil!!!

No comments: