Tuesday, January 8, 2008

East Coast Trip....

Thursday - We flew from Burbank to Las Vegas-- Libs slept for over a half an hour. Next flight from Vegas to Philadelphia she slept 3 of the 4 hours. When she was awake she was happy cuddling, reading and looking around the plane.

Friday - We saw the Liberty Bell, Reading Terminal Market, and Franklin Court. Met up with Grandma (Libi's Great Grandma) and Uncle Bill (Libi's Great Uncle Bill) for dinner.

Saturday-- Family day. Breakfast with the group-- Kent, Ann Marie, Aunt Linda, Uncle Mitch, Grandma and Uncle Bill. Target for some odds and ends then back to the hotel for a nap. Dinner with the whole Harrigan clan at Aunt Linda and Uncle Mitch's house. We really enjoyed getting to show off Libs and getting some neat photos and video.

Sunday-- Travel Day. We drove up to New York City. Once there we walked all over town to see Rockefeller Plaza, Times Square, the shops on 5th Ave., and Bryant Park. We ate at a neat diner called Moonstruck.

Monday-- Food Network tour. We woke up, had a neat breakfast at the hotel then headed to Chelsey Market. One of Ron's former students' uncles is the executive chef of Food Network. He arranged a private tour for us. We saw the studio where Guy's Big Bite is filmed along with Iron Chef, 30 minute meals, Tyler's Ultimate, etc. We also saw the small kitchen where the Next Food Network Star is filmed as well as the big kitchens you can see on Throwdown with Bobby Flay and the Next Food Network Star. It was a great hour that Mommy will never forget! Afterwards, we got on the road for Massachusetts. Got in late, ordered pizza in the room.

Tuesday-- Family day. Had lunch at Sue, John and Tina's house. Aunt Barbara came and Nana lives there now. We spent most of the day getting to know all of our Tewksbury family members. We arrived at around 11:00 a.m. and visited with Nana, Tina, and Sue. Tina challenged Ron to a game of Wii bowling (actually five games of bowling total). Around noon, Aunt Barbara showed up, and then around 12:15 John arrived. We had lunch at 12:30, and it was quite a feast! Sue had a spread of steak, chicken, pasta, cole slaw and vegetables, and it was a great meal. After lunch, we went back into the living room so Ron could interview Nana. He used his iRiver digital audio recorder to capture the interview for Libi and for the rest of the Ippolito family. We took a break after almost 30 minutes of questions and answers to have dessert, and again Sue served up some great food! This time it was our choice of chocolate cake with fresh whipped cream or a lemon dessert that was amazing. Way to go, Sue! We went back to our hotel room at about 5:30 p.m. (it's 0.8 miles away), and spent a couple hours giving Libs a chance to get her oogies out before dinner. Later, we went across the street to the Cracker Barrel for dinner (an East Coast treat that we don't have out in California). We spent the rest of the evening back in the hotel room resting up for the big day in Boston tomorrow!

No comments: