Friday, November 12, 2010

Family birthday dinner...

This afternoon I sent Libi upstairs for her nap... three hours later she still wasn't up. I went upstairs to wake her up and found her bed empty. After a momentary panic I went searching....

I found Libi in our room, fast asleep on our bed. Good thing Ron and I didn't want to take a nap :)

Nana has been moved to Lake Balboa convalescent home. She has been placed on hospice care, which means that she won't be with us much longer. Mom drove down tonight so she could help Dad (who is having a very hard time with all this.) We are spending lots of time praying for Nana because she is quite uncomfortable.

We took Libi in to see her for a brief moment tonight. At first we weren't going to, but she pitched a fit that she wanted to kiss Nana and make her better so we let her in. She gave Nana lots of kisses and I think it was best for them to see each other one last time. Nana's parting words to her was one big, "Muh-wa!" of a kiss. It is a memory I will never forget!

For dinner we went to Nana and Pop's house.. let me say that it was very different without Nana there.

Libi still played, sang, and entertained the crowd, but it wasn't quite the same. There was a birthday cake for me, but it still doesn't feel much like celebrating.

Our Oregon family sent this gorgeous bouquet for Nana. It is strange and beautiful that Aunt Pat, my Nana's oldest and best friend is also going down hill fast. It seems that these two gals are so connected that they refuse to live without each other. How blessed to have that good of a friend! When they are both gone though, they will leave huge holes in our families!!!

Tobee and Libi both know that something is up even though we are trying not to upset either of them. Tobee's way of acting out was to eat my entire box of Tasty Cakes that I got for my Birthday. She did leave me all the wrappers under the dining room table so I would have something to clean. What a sweet girl!



No comments: